Properly maintaining a pool is difficult and time consuming, but it is also essential to ensuring your pool is safe and debris free. To help handle this task, we’ve rounded up a list of 5 essential pool maintenance tips.
- Skim The Pool Daily – A quick skim of the pool’s surface every day with a hand or leaf skimmer keeps your pool pristine. Quickly removing leaves, bugs, and other debris works to reduce the amount of more intense labor required by increasing the efficiency of the pool’s circulation system.
- Vacuum and Clean Walls Weekly– Vacuuming your pool weekly not only keeps the water clear, but also reduces the amount of chemicals required. In addition, lightly brushing the pool walls will minimize algae buildup and calcium deposits which can wreak havoc on a pool and lead to costly repair bills.
- Maintain a Proper Water Level – Water is easily lost through normal swimming activity and natural evaporation. However, if the water level falls below the level of the skimmer the pump quickly becomes damaged. If you notice the water level is becoming dangerously low, use garden hose to quickly return it to a safe level.
- Regularly Check the pH Level– A proper pH level keeps your swimmers safe and healthy. Regularly test your pH level to ensure it’s kept between 7.2 and 7.8. This ideal range is safe for all swimmers and keeps sanitizers working correctly
- Consider Hiring a Professional– While many tasks can be accomplished quickly and easily, people are often overwhelmed with the idea of maintaining a pool. Consider looking into a professional pool maintenance plan if you need assistance. The cost of the maintenance plan is minimal compared to the cost of repairing or replacing a pool that has not been properly cared for.
For more information on pool maintenance or to begin shopping for your new pool, contact us today. Our experienced team is ready to create your backyard oasis.