A hot tub requires just as much attention as a pool (if not more), so waiting until it’s too late is simply not an option.
Think of it this way, you wouldn’t wait to service your car until the last minute would you? The same logic applies to hot tubs as well. Regular maintenance is important for a pool’s water and mechanical health.
If you’re interested in learning more, read on for some hot tub maintenance and service tips from your pool installation experts.
- For hot tub wall cleaning, use a non-abrasive and no suds cleaner combined with a soft rag. If you are so inclined, use a nylon scrubber to make your hot tub walls gleam again. For small surface stains, use baking soda.
- If you want to keep your hot tub water pristine and like new, shower your body with no soap before soaking. Further, simply rinse your bathing suit in detergent-free water to maintain a proper water PH balance without the addition of harmful cleaning agents.
- Clean your hot tub filter cartridges monthly. Hard water produces calcium and mineral deposits that can clog spa filter cartridges. Keep a watchful eye on your filter to prevent clogging and other problems. Replace used filters once ever 2-3 years for optimum efficiency.
- Keep your spray cartridges clean by spraying water through them with a garden hose. Simply remove the spray cartridges every so often and clean them to remove any debris or deposits. It is also ideal to rotate cartridges during this process to keep them loose and grime-free.
- We hope that these tips help you keep spa/hot tub running for a long time to come.
If you are interested in learning more about us or our pool services, please contact us today.
March 23, 2016
Categories:Pool Maintenance, Pool Service, Spas