It’s time you had the backyard and in-ground pool area of your dreams. Thinking of hiring an expert to design the oasis you’ve always dreamed of? Maybe you’re looking for what goes into the design process, so you can make an informed decision that’s best for your family? We understand it’s a huge decision and a major undertaking, and it’s important to get it right.
How Will You Use Your In-Ground Pool Space?
It’s important to know how you will use the space. Here are some tips from expert designers to keep in mind.
- Kids will be kids. If there’s a pool, they will be in it.
- People gravitate to shallow places in water to sit. So, pay special attention to tanning shelves, underwater benches or beach areas.
- Build spas and steps inside your pool.
- Design the pool and yard as an extension to your home. It should be seamless and encompassing.
- Design your pool around and including pre-existing elements in your backyard. What may be a problem area now, could end up giving your pool area a WOW factor.
Where Should You Put Your Pool?
Consider that your pool is more than just a pool. It’s a design element. Just like a fountain or a pond in your yard, it should be as lovely to look at when not in use, as it is fun to be in. Use your current landscape to its best advantage. If there is a hilly spot, can you use it to build up a rock wall water feature? Can you see the area from the house? Ideally, your pool should be in the sunniest spot available.
Should You Plan For Future Features?
By all means! You can enjoy your pool area far beyond the summer. Most people like to add other features at future points such as:
- Fire pit, fireplace, heater, or patio flame
- Cabanas, gazebos, and pergolas are all impressive additions
- Spas, water features, and other garden structures
- Outdoor kitchens, pizza ovens, and BBQ areas
- Beautiful outdoor couches and tables
The list is truly endless to how far you can go designing your area. If you know at the beginning, you’ll be wanting to add things later, these can be taken into consideration by your design professional when you are ready to commit your ideas to paper.
Alan Jackson Pools
We know we’ve given you a lot to consider and if you’re ready to take that next step to commit your design to paper, call Alan Jackson Pools. We will be happy to design your vision and consult with your landscaping professional to create your dream. Call Alan Jackson Pools to design your dream poolscape today!