Owning a pool is a big investment but well worth it if you maintain it properly. In addition to adding financial value to your home, it also increases the fun factor. You can create your own luxury resort style backyard where you can spend summer evenings with friends, or the perfect family pool setting to laze away long summer days. However, you want to make sure you’re keeping that pool in the optimum condition so it keeps its value.
Here are some great tips for keeping your pool crystal clear.
Some people maintain their own pools, while others outsource to a pool service company. Either way, you want to make sure your pool is being serviced regularly. During pool servicing you should:
- Inspect the pool for any algae that might be forming on walls, stairs, or the bottom of the pool
- Check the water chemistry to check the alkalinity, PH balance, and calcium. Water chemistry is an important part of keeping your pool clean and safe for you to enjoy
- Inspect your equipment and clean the baskets. While you clean the baskets make sure your pump is filling up and your baskets aren’t broken.
- It’s also wise to look at the pool pump for an O-ring or gasket wear
- Inspect the timer so you know it’s working properly a good look at the equipment around the pool filter and check for leaks or any other damage.
- Clean your pool by skimming any debris off the top, scrubbing the sides and the tiles with a brush, and vacuuming any debris
If you’re checking equipment while doing your routine servicing you’re going to be way ahead of the game. You want to make sure to clean your pool filter at least twice a year, depending on how much you use your pool. Keep in mind that over cleaning your filter isn’t necessarily a good thing. If you’re an average pool user biannual filter cleaning should be plenty. And if you have a pool heater, just keep an eye out for calcium that may build up in the tubes and prevent the pool from heating properly.
Enjoy Your Pool
A well-maintained pool is going to mean less money out of your pocket. It also means more time for you to enjoy it. Take the time to do the weekly service so your pool can retain the value that you invested. And remember, whether you choose to service your pool yourself, or hire Alan Jackson Pools to do the job for you, don’t forget to have fun and happy swimming!